Celebrate a day of outdoor fun and fitness with the Fort McMurray Half Marathon.
The Fort McMurray Half Marathon takes place on Sunday, September 18 and includes a Half Marathon, 10km, 5km and 3km road races and a Kids Fun Run.
Participants can sign up to complete distances of varying length up to 21K, with opportunities for runners of all ages to get active, meet new people and have fun! Click on the links below for registration information.
|Distance||Start Time||Fee||Ages||Click Link to Register Now|
|Half Marathon||9:00 am||$80||16 yrs+||register for half marathon|
|10 km||9:15 am||$55||8 yrs+||register for 10 km|
|5 km||9:30 am||$30||8 yrs+||register for 5 km|
|3 km||9:45 am||$20||8 yrs+||register for 3 km|
|Kids Fun Run prestented by Inter Pipeline||11:30 am||FREE for kids|
Terry Fox Run
The Annual Terry Fox Run takes place following the Fort McMurray Half Marathon. Commencing at Noon with Registration taking place at 11:30 am.
September 12th - 17th: Race Package Available for Pickup through the Shell Place Box Office
September 18th: Race Day!
Volunteer opportunities are available for the Fort McMurray Half Marathon:
Water Station Volunteers - 20 volunteers total
Group of 3-4 volunteers per water station
- Locate & set up water station
- Filling up water cups & handing out water to runners
- Collecting garbage at the station
- Providing assistance to runners as required
- Operating a radio to communicate with other stations
Barricade Station Volunteers - 45 volunteers total
Group of 3-4 volunteers per barricade station
- Training to set up & take down barricades
- Monitoring the location & interacting with traffic/public to provide information
Course Volunteers - 8 volunteers total
- Directing & assisting runners
- Ensuring runners are in a safe environment free from traffic flow
Medal Distribution/Start & Finish Line - 5-8 volunteers
- Setting up tents & taking tents down
- Clean up in tent area
- Checking in runners
- Answering questions for runners
- Handing out medals & support items to finishers
Bag Drop - 2 volunteers
- Manning check in station
- Assisting runners to check in/register & drop their bags or valuables
- Answering questions
Kids Fun Run prestented by Inter Pipeline - 2-3 volunteers
- Checking participants in
- Organizing participants by age group
- Moving participants to start location
- Monitoring that participants are reunited with parents following the run
If you have a question, comment or concern or are looking for more information regarding the Fort McMurray Half Marathon, please click here.
For information on partnership opportunities please contact Megan Langille at 780-793-6977