The health and safety of guests and staff is our top priority. While things may look a little different upon reopening, we look forward to showing you the measures and tools we have put in place as it is everyone’s responsibility to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19. The following protocols while using our facilities, will support all our efforts to maintain health and safety.
- Guests who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, who have been in close contact with a case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have travelled internationally in the past 14 days must stay home and isolate.
- We have implemented a number of measures to assist our guests including directional arrows, signage, and physical distancing floor markers.
- Wash and sanitize your hands before and after using any amenity.
- Follow physical distancing – stay 2 metres a part at all times including your time in the parking lot.
- Protective barriers have been installed at designated locations.
- Water fountains and vending machines will currently not be available.
- Our facilities have all undergone an intensive, deep clean prior to opening.
- We have procured a hospital grade disinfectant that will be used to clean frequent, high touch surfaces throughout our facility amenities.
- At this time, all guests will enter through the side door of the Anzac Recreation Centre and exit through the front, main entrance.
Field House Rentals:
- For all field house booking inquiries please contact Guest Services at:
- 780.793.6900 or Email
- Each field house rental will be required to have a 30-minute block at the end of the booking. This will give the extra time needed to thoroughly clean and disinfect the area to ensure the area is clean and ready for the next group to utilize.
- Field House rentals cannot exceed 50 persons in a cohort.
- This includes coaches, staff, instructors, and participants from multiple teams, officials, and volunteers who cannot maintain 2 metres of distance from others at all times.
- Mini leagues should remain together for the duration of the Government of Alberta’s stage 2 launch.
- Each mini league can be comprised of multiple teams to a maximum of 50 people.
- Game play between teams can resume but must be limited to teams within the same cohort/mini league.
- Once formed, new players will not be permitted into the cohort/mini league.
- We strongly encourage you to come dressed and ready for your activity. To reduce the number of touch points, change rooms and showers will remain closed except for specified “game” bookings.
- Timekeeper’s box will remain closed.
- No spectators will currently be permitted in the stands.
- We strongly encourage no sharing of equipment touched by hands (IE: sporting gloves).
- The field house is not a staffed location within the building. We also strongly recommend that mini leagues are supervised by a responsible person whose role is oversight over the maintenance of the group and other public health guidance.
- At this time, activities are restricted to local community opportunities and should not include participants from outside of Wood Buffalo.
- All sanctioned field house rentals must also abide by the rules and regulations of their provincial sport governing bodies.
- Our team has adopted a “constantly clean” attitude, ensuring special attention is given to high-touch surfaces.
- To support public health contact tracing efforts, representatives for each organization/ rental must collect the names and contact information of all attendees within their cohort/mini league.
- The RRC reserves the right to verify participants against the cohort list at any time.
The RRC staff, will be monitoring arena usage to ensure that government guidelines and facility terms and conditions are being followed during the reserved field house rental. These have been put into place for the health and safety of all guests and staff within the facility.
(as part of your membership or day pass)
- Access to booked (drop in) sport activities in the field house are included in your membership or day pass.
- There will be a mid-day closure of the field house for deep cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces.
- Members can reserve their field house sport activity slot 7 days in advance by calling Guest Services at 780.793.6900. Guests (nonmembers) can pre-book up to 3 days in advance by calling Guest Services.
- Reservations are made in in one hour increments (You allowed one reservation per day per person)
- Members and guests can have a total capacity of 12 in their cohort for booked (drop in) sport activities. If there is a requirement for a greater number to accommodate game play, it is recommended to call Guest Services at 780.793.6900 to rent the field house.
- Wristbands MUST be worn at all times by all members in your cohort.
Guidelines and terms and conditions are subject to change.